This is a time of year when everyone likes to find ways to give thanks and give to those who may need a helping hand. That is especially true for those who give so much to others. Light Up To Live is on a mission to help our Veterans and wants to share different ways you can help our Vets, as well:
- Volunteer at your local VA Hospital – Your help can always be utilized at a Veterans hospital. Whether you are working directly with patients, helping with recreational programs, or providing comfort and companionship, your local VA Hospital would be ecstatic to have a few hours of your time.
- Volunteer with the Veterans Assistance Program – There are Veterans in all communities that could use your help. Contact the Local Veterans Assistance Program to be connected with Military men and women who need help doing things like yard work, housework, grocery shopping, or running everyday errands!
- Volunteer with Hire Heroes USA – Hire Heroes help Veterans adjust back to everyday life by helping with interview skills, resumes, and training so they can find a post-military career. You can volunteer with Hire Heroes virtually from the comfort of your home or office.
- The Little Things – The next time you’re out at a restaurant or coffee shop and you see a Veteran, pick up their tab and say thank you for their service. A simple “thank you” means a lot to our Veterans.
- In 2020, Volunteer with Light Up To Live – Stay tuned for more information about our 2020 Light Up To Live events! Dates and details are coming for the 3rd Annual Clay Shoot, the 4th Annual Golf Tournament, and the 3rd Annual Gala & Auction. We need your support!
Our Mission: Light Up To Live Foundation is the only organization in Texas and 48 states that gives polychromatic light therapy systems to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Veterans living with Post Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pain and Depression. It also funds highly trained service dogs for veterans with adaptive needs. The Foundation is dedicated to connecting military members and their families to other organizations that are in alignment with its mission of lighting a path to better health. Light Up to Live Foundation is a 501(c) 3 public charity based in Dallas and founded by Randall and Sherry Reed, owners of the World Class Automotive Group.